To use Dynamics 365 (CRM) functions in Microsoft Outlook you can install the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Microsoft Office Outlook add-in. These are the instructions for installing it.
- Be sure Outlook is closed
- Login to your CRM account in a web browser (e.g. Edge)
- Click the Settings menu (gear icon) in the upper right corner and select Apps for Dynamics 365
- Click Download Dynamics 365 for Outlook
- Make a note of the URL in the following dialog box, this is the same URL you should be using to login in a browser:
In this example the URL is https://growing-moss.crm.mgcld.com/
- Click the Click this link if it's not link in the Download and Install section if the download did not start automatically.
- Once the file downloads, open it:
In our example, we are using Edge and there is an Open File link on the screen. This varies by browser.
- If you are prompted for security, click Yes to allow the program to run.
- Select a location to save the installation files. NOTE: We strongly recommend you choose Desktop and then click the Make New Folder button to create a new folder to save the files. There are many files and this will make it easy for you to delete them when you are done.
In our example, we created a new folder on the Desktop and named it CRM Add-in
- Click OK
- The CRM setup should begin in a few seconds:
- Check the I accept the license agreement box and click Next
- Click Install Now
- The installation will proceed
- The installation will complete, click Close
- Open Outlook
- When prompted, enter your CRM URL. Be sure it starts with HTTPS://
- Click Connect
- Enter your CRM credentials
- Click OK
- The configuration will complete and Outlook will open. You will now have Dynamics 365 (CRM) functionality in Outlook. For troubleshooting, please see Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) for Outlook Add-In Not Working
Please sign in to leave a comment.