The following steps work from almost any Windows application running on your cloud server. We use the File/Open window to demonstrate but this also works from the Save and other similar windows.
From within a Windows application (such as WordPad or Word):
- Select File/Open
- Select This PC on the left
- Scroll down and you will see Devices and drives
- Beneath that you will see your computer’s drives. In this example, the user's local PC is DESKTOP-UIK411C
- Double clicking the “C on” link will allow the user to navigate their local PC’s drive. The same will be true of Mapped Drives on the user’s local PC. They will show as additional drive letters.
You can add your local drives or folders as "favorites":
- Follow the steps above and navigate to the local folder you want to save
- On the left side, right-click Favorites
- Select Add current location to Favorites
- If desired you can now right-click the item that was created under Favorites and select Rename to give it a meaningful name
If your drive(s) are not listed, log out of the remote server and/or close all remote applications. Then follow these steps on your local PC:
- Click Start
- Type mstsc
- When Remote Desktop Connection appears, click it
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, click Show Options
- Select the Local Resources tab
- In the Local devices and resources section
- Ensure Printers and Clipboard are checked
- Click More
- Ensure the Drives box is checked (or if you prefer only to have certain drives available you can expand Drives and select the ones you need)
- Click OK
- Select the General tab
- Click Save (NOTE: Nothing appears when you click save and the window stays open)
- Close the Remote Desktop Connection window
- Try your RemoteApp or Remote Desktop Connection again to see if the drives now appear
Sometimes an administrator (or one of our support technicians) must log you off of your server in order for the changes above to take effect. If after following these steps the drive(s) do not appear, please contact your administrator or ask us to log you off of your server.
Please sign in to leave a comment.